Thank you to all who took the time to enter October’s Treat Petite. Kat’s chosen theme of Trick or Treat was interpreted in so many creative ways.
But, October is now over and we are slap bang in a strangely mild November. I hear that it is to turn chillier soon, so better get those winter coats looked out!
On to the theme for Treat Petite this month, and I am looking for something a little bit different from you all. As you probably know Thanksgiving takes place in the USA on the last Thursday of November (27th this year). A national holiday in America, it is supposed to bless the harvest and the previous year. You've probably seen, on TV, Thanksgiving dinners where everyone gets up at the table and states what they are thankful for.
We don’t celebrate Thanksgiving in the UK, but I love the sentiment. And this, eventually, brings me to the theme for Treat Petite. I want you to think of someone who has done a good deed for you this year, someone who has been there for you during a difficult time perhaps, or is just generally ‘the wind beneath your wings’. A person you want to say 'Thank You' too.
Now, with that person in mind, I’d like you to bake a petite treat for them. Something you know they will love. Anything at all – be it a basket of muffins, sweets, the usual fare here on Treat Petite. So, let’s get our thinking caps on and spread the thanks!
Treat Petite is for all of those delicious bites, which can be individually portioned. Tray bakes are fine, cookies, cupcakes, brownies, macarons and so on. No cakes, puddings, whole loaves – you get the idea…here are those all-important rules.
1. Add your petite treat to the Linky at the bottom of this post by the 25th of the month, midnight at the latest.
2. Post your bake onto your blog and link back to Cakeyboi and The Baking Explorer, stating who is hosting this month.
3. Follow Cakeyboi and The Baking Explorer blogs on Google + (see sidebar links), if you haven’t already.
4. If you tweet use #treatpetite and mention @MrCakeyboi and @BakingExplorer – we will retweet.
5. Add the challenge logo to the post and ‘Treat Petite’ as a label to the post
6. Use any recipe as long as the source is noted.
7. If you like, add your photo to the ‘Treat Petite’ Pinterest board (request access from me – Cakeyboi).
8. Feel free to enter old posts as long as you update the post and meet all the requirements above!
Above all else – have fun!!