Well, summer will be hurtling to an end pretty soon. Schools go back, in Scotland, in only a couple of weeks you know! But it’s still pretty warm out there (well, when I was typing this up it was).
And I didn’t know what to think of for a theme for August’s Treat Petite until I spoke to my baker in crime Kat. Did you see her round up of delicious Summer Treat Petite entries for July btw? Take a look.
But Kat suggested, as it is still so warm, why ask people to put on their ovens?
So the theme for August is ‘No Bake’! That’s right – no oven required. Whether it be a chilled or frozen petite dessert or one that requires nothing more than setting up in the fridge, we really want to see your no baked delights (anything microwaved or heated/boiled on the cooker is permissible though!).
Here’s those all important rules…
Treat Petite is for all of those delicious bites, which can be individually portioned. Cookies, cupcakes, brownies, macarons and so on. No cakes, puddings, loaves – you get the idea…here are those all-important rules.
- Email email@example.com by the 25th of the month, midnight at the latest – include in the e-mail your name, if you have a blog the URL of your post and name of your blog, recipe and a photo (640x480pixels max) of your bake.
- If applicable post your bake onto your blog and link back to Cakeyboi and The Baking Explorer, stating who is hosting that particular month.
- Follow Cakeyboi and The Baking Explorer blogs via the Google Join this Site button, if you haven’t already.
- If you tweet use #treatpetite and mention @MrCakeyboi and
@BakingExplorer – we will retweet
- Add the challenge logo
to the post and ‘Treat Petite’ as a label to the post
- Use any recipe as long as the source is noted
- Add your photo to the ‘Treat Petite’ Pinterest board (request access from me – Cakeyboi)
- Feel free to enter old posts as long as you update the post and meet all the requirements above!
Above all else – have fun!!