Good Evening Vienna, erm, I mean visitors. It’s time for Treat Petite May. Thanks to Kat for hosting April’s Treat Petite and thanks to everyone who joined in with spring-like fervour!
May is a special month here at Cakeyboi HQ, as it’s my blog’s 3rd birthday. More of that in future posts. But something else is celebrating a birthday this month, (but is 20 times as old as Cakeyboi).
This month sees the Eurovision Song Contest celebrating it’s 60th birthday - which brings me to the theme of this month’s Treat Petite – you’ve guessed it…Eurovision!
I would love to see you enter your petite treats, which have their origins from any participating country. There are 40 countries taking part this year (although not all will make it through the semi-finals) so plenty to choose from. Here is the list…
So it could be British Eccles Cakes, Portuguese Pasteis De Natas, French Macaron, Norwegian Pikekyss, even Australian Lamingtons (yes, Australia are participating this year, very exciting!). Time to get 'Making Your Mind Up'.
Here’s the rules…
Treat Petite is for all of those delicious bites, which can be individually portioned. Tray bakes are fine, cookies, cupcakes, brownies, macarons and so on. No cakes, puddings, whole loaves – you get the idea…here are those all-important rules.
1. Add your petite treat to the Linky at the bottom of this post by the 25th of the month, midnight at the latest.
2. Post your bake onto your blog and link back to Cakeyboi and The Baking Explorer, stating who is hosting this month.
3. Follow Cakeyboi and The Baking Explorer blogs on Google + (see sidebar links), if you haven’t already.
4. If you tweet use #treatpetite and mention @MrCakeyboi and @BakingExplorer – we will retweet.
5. Add the challenge logo to the post and ‘Treat Petite’ as a label to the post
6. Use any recipe as long as the source is noted.
7. If you like, add your photo to the ‘Treat Petite’ Pinterest board (request access from me – Cakeyboi).
8. Feel free to enter old posts as long as you update the post and meet all the requirements above!
Above all else – have fun!!