Thank you to all who sent in bakes for Treat Petite Christmas. Kat and I were overwhelmed by all the lovely entries, and they made us feel very festive (and hungry) indeed.
And that brings us to the theme for January. I’m sure we are all feeling a tad over-indulged at the moment. I know I have put on a fair bit of weight recently and plan to do something about that after our January visit to London in a few days’ time.
And as a few of you may be hitting the gym like me, I’d love to see some healthier bakes this month. This may be sugar-free desserts, low-fat, vegan friendly, gluten-free – anything you feel is a bit more virtuous in the baking stakes. And you don’t even need to bake - for example last year I made some sugar-free jelly stripes which were a big hit. Or you could even try a healthy smoothie. So get your minds to thinking and let us see what you come up with.
‘Here’s the rules…’
Treat Petite (this month) is for all of those delicious (healthy) bites, which can be individually portioned. Tray bakes are fine, cookies, cupcakes, brownies, macarons and so on. No cakes, puddings, whole loaves – you get the idea…here are those all-important rules.
1. Add your petite treat to the Linky at the bottom of this post by the 25th of the month, midnight at the latest.
2. Post your bake onto your blog and link back to Cakeyboi and The Baking Explorer, stating who is hosting this month.
3. Follow Cakeyboi and The Baking Explorer blogs on Google + (see sidebar links), if you haven’t already.
4. If you tweet use #treatpetite and mention @MrCakeyboi and @BakingExplorer – we will retweet.
5. Add the challenge logo to the post and ‘Treat Petite’ as a label to the post
6. Use any recipe as long as the source is noted.
7. If you like, add your photo to the ‘Treat Petite’ Pinterest board (request access from me – Cakeyboi).
8. Feel free to enter old posts as long as you update the post and meet all the requirements above!
Above all else – have fun!!